Electronic key Hideez Key is designed to authenticate users on electronic devices, such as PCs, tablets and smartphones; storing encryption keys, passwords, logins and other personal data; performing encryption, hashing and electronic signature operations; generating one-time passwords (OTP); and identifying users using the RFID protocol (125 kHz HID and Em-Marine standards).
Hideez Key requires the installation of the Hideez Safe software. Using Hideez Key along with Hideez Safe allows users to perform the following operations:
- Lock/unlock access to a PC, smartphone or tablet based on an estimation of distance using the radio-signal indicator for the Bluetooth signal (RSSI).
- Store user credentials for various programs and web-services.
- Generate one-time passwords for services that use two-factor authentication specification RFC 6238, such as Google, Microsoft, Dropbox and Facebook.
- Perform encryption operations and electronic signatures according to the AES-128, RSA-1024 and ECC standards inside Hideez Key.
- Update Hideez Key firmware using a Bluetooth channel.
- Remotely (by Bluetooth) turn off the computer.
- Run the executable file.
Using Hideez Key on an Android smartphone/tablet can also perform the following operations:
- Avoid the loss of the Hideez Key and valuables where it has been attached, by the control of the Bluetooth connection.
- Authenticate users by using eye vein scanning technology (EyeVerify) to enter the Hideez Safe.
- Take pictures of violators if someone attempts to access the smartphone without the Hideez Key presence.
- Pressing the button can perform various pre-programmed actions and their sequence (scripts), such as turning on audio and video recording, sending an SMS, initializing phone calls, turning on audio signals, the flashlight and taking photos.
- Send the current geographic position to a preset phone number ("panic button" mode).
- Remember and display geolocation data about where the connection with the tag was lost on a smartphone.
Note: The Hideez Key and Hideez Safe software are constantly being improved. Please, keep your software and firmware updated.