HES allows the server administrator to encrypt data stored in the database, thereby limiting unauthorized access to data directly in the SQL database.
If the database is encrypted, it can only be accessed by entering a password.
To activate the data protection function, you must:
- In the main menu, in the left part of the screen, select “Settings” and further, in the drop-down menu, select “Data Protection”
2. The “Data Protection” status is OFF (by default).
Click on the “Enable data protection” button
3. In the window that opens, enter the password to activate the Data Protection function, confirm the password and click “Enable”.
The status of the data protection function from “OFF” will change to “ON”
4. If necessary, you can change the password for activating / deactivating data protection.
Click “Change protection password”
In the window that opens, enter the current password, the new password in the appropriate fields, confirm the new password and save the changes.
5. If you have activated data protection on the server and you have restarted the server, then at the subsequent login to the server you will need to activate data protection.
Attention! If “Data Protection” is not activated, then you will not be able to make any changes to the database (create, edit, delete accounts).
You will see that the “bell” icon in red at the top right of the screen is red.
Click on the “bell” to open the notification screen.
In the right part of the notification line, click on the icon -
Click “Activate protection”
In the window that opens, enter the current password and click “Activate”
Status “Data protection” - ON
6. To deactivate the “Date protection” function, click “Disable data protection”
In the window that opens, enter the current password and click the “Disable” button
“Data protection” status will change to “OFF”
Database encryption is disabled.