1. Hideez Key works with MacOS 10.11 and higher.
2. First, you need to register on the site my.hideez.com
A confirmation email will be sent to the specified email address. Registration will be completed after clicking on the link in it.
Please note that this service does not store user data (logins, passwords). It is used solely for the purpose of verifying hardware devices of the Hideez Key, firmware, application software, providing encrypted data transmission channels, etc.
3. Installation of Hideez Safe Software
- download the installation package of Hideez Safe from the website http://hideez.com/download, then launch it
- In the opened window you must enter the login and password of your account on my.hideez.com:
- After signing in the application, you must initialize the key.
To do this, press the button on key:
Next, click “Pair” and enter the account’s password in the opened window:
And connection will continue:
You can also update the firmware on the key, if necessary:
After that you can import passwords from other password manager (1Password, LastPass) in the next window:
- To enter passwords you can use a combination of hotkeys or the Hideez Key button. By default, the program has the following shortcuts:
- Also, you can use your key as locker/unlocker of computer:
To do this, click on the appropriate checkboxes and enter the password of your computer.
- The application is ready for use: